Want to win a signed Greg Jennings jersey? Enter our January contest and you may get this authentic Minnesota Vikings jersey, adorned with Vikings wide receiver Greg Jennings' number 15, and his autograph from a recent signing event. But hey, even if you don't win that, you may still be eligible for the second place gift of a signed Greg Jennings sign for your sports room.
Images and contest rules below:
Last summer we ran a contest where we gave away a signed Christian Ponder jersey. I felt bad about it, because of course it was a Ponder jersey, but also because I picked the winner at random instead of based on the merit or interest of the Vikings story they shared. Well, I'm trying to become a better person this new year, and we're starting by offering better prizes (a signed Greg Jennings jersey and/or wooden plaque thing), and by selecting the winner this year based on how interesting/funny/engaging/unique, etc., their shared Vikings story is. So, write something good, or I won't pick you.
The Grand Prize winner will get that cool looking Greg Jennings jersey. And the person with the second best story will still at least get a signed wooden plaque for your sports room. Dual prizes! Woo hoo!
The contest will be open throughout the entire month of January, so there will be plenty of time to enter for you slackers. We want to thank the folks who supplied the signed items from Team Epic, who helped put on Greg Jennings' recent Facebook "Ask Him Anything" event, which we highlighted a while ago. You can thank them, then fill out your form below.
THE CONTEST IS CLOSED. THANKS FOR ENTERING!
Boring Contest Rules to Save My Ass!
1. No purchase necessary to win. A purchase of any Purple Jesus Diaries or Minnesota Vikings affiliated products will NOT increase your chances of winning. Winner will be drawn February 1, 2014.
2. HOW IT WORKS: Simply fill out the small form for a chance to win.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the forty eight (48) Contiguous United States, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Essentially, you gotta be an adult, man. Completion of the form is your agreement you meet this identified age criteria. Purple Jesus Diaries is not responsible for separately verifying age of contest entrants.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified via email based on the provided email on the contest form. Three (3) attempts will be made to contact Winner within a five (5) day period. If Winner fails to respond within the five (5) day period, or if an e-mail attempt is consistently returned as undeliverable, or if the selected Winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason within fourteen (14) days, or s/he is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited. Prize will be delivered to the address provided when the winner is notified and responds back with desired shipping information.
5. A single winner will be chosen for the jersey based on subjective appreciation of story telling by Purple Jesus Diaries editors from from all entries that are received by 1/31/2014. A second winner will be chosen based on the "runner up" to the jersey winner. The chances of winning are therefore determined by the number of entries and the submitters' own story. The grand prize winner will receive a signed Greg Jennings Minnesota Vikings jersey. The jersey is valued at $250.00. No pricing information was provided for the autographed wood sign. There is no entry fee for this giveaway. Information supplied to Purple Jesus Diaries will not be sold or shared. Should you win, you will receive an email from us asking for your shipping address so we can mail you your product.
6. IMPORTANT: By submitting your entry form you acknowledge that any information included in this form is provided to Purple Jesus Diaries and PurpleJesusDiaries.com for the purposes of hosting this contest, and not to anyone else.
7. By submitting your entry form you acknowledge that this sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with the NFL, Minnesota Vikings football franchise, Nike, or any other represented company associated with these products, and release said companies of all liability or responsibility. You acknowledge that any information included in this form is provided to Purple Jesus Diaries and PurpleJesusDiaries.com for the purposes of hosting this contest, and not to said companies. Essentially, this is a fan contest, held solely by this website.
8. Purple Jesus Diaries does not provide autograph authentication documents. We are working under the presumption that it is a legitimate signed jersey, but even if it's not, damn, the jersey itself comes with a price tag that says it's $250.00. That's a prize in and of itself.
@PJDiaries this keeps getting more tempting. When is the cut off?
I've seen the Vikes play in four different states, and the worst fans I've ever encountered were in Arizona. Adrain Peterson got injured in two of those attended games; in AZ I tried to fight a Hispanic chick (three times my size) who cheered and jeered when AD got injured, and I went all Bama mom fan versus OU student dude on her. Same in Baltimore: dude clapped when AD got injured and I had to yell at him. Both times I was relocated to new seats, and survived both games with only my pride stripped. Don't mess with Adrian.
I once talked so much shit to Packer fans at a game(Favre's 421TD record breaker), the next year I went down some Packer fan kept staring at me (at the hotel). I said "what" and he said "I remember you. You were the one walking up and down the isle, talkin shit to all the Packer fans." Funny since I live nowhere near Minneapolis. It was a proud moment because I probably caused a few Packer fans to never go to another game at the dome
Does "Seeing Tommy Kramer get a DUI in 1985" count? I met a stripper who said Adrian and Tarvaris were great tippers but Sidney was a cheapskate. Lol
@PJDiaries I tried, but I haven’t had any good experiences. </3
@SalSpice End of the month. It would take you honestly 4 minutes. Worth $250. Just have to be funny. Pro tip.
@PJDiaries have to be funny?! You’re asking a lot of me!
@PJDiaries dead Purple Jesus Diaries, one time Chris Cook text me and asked me for weed. The end.
@SalSpice It's so true it hurts my feels.
@PJDiaries is it possible to tell a Vikings story without humor? I’ve got this.
@SalSpice Well, the funnier you are the better your chances. I imagine you have a good/funny story about the Vikings to share.